Friday, July 11, 2008

Wake Up Call

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts this week! This is fun. . . even though we talk often enough, when things are written down it is just different some how.

This week has been quiet because Dad is traveling on the east coast. It is amazing how much busier the house is with him here. . . the pacing and talking on the phone are missed! I've gotten a lot of little projects done while I'm waiting for the counter tops to arrive and for Dad to come home and finish the things I can't do. I decided we needed to paint the hall and entryway too--afater all it's been 13 years and they say you need to paint every 10 or so. It definitely looks better, but I can't climb the super tall ladder to do the entryway--I need Dad again. I think we are also going to change the light fixtures. . .they definitely look dated. It always happens--once you start one home improvement project it leads into another and another. . . it hard to stop.

Anyway, the weather has been beautiful this week. . . mid 80's and sunny. Yesterday, however, it was REALLY windy all day--gusty and strong. At about 3 pm, a fire started out in the valley off of Dishman-Mica road. They had to evacuate a huge block of people--from Sprague all the way up to 32nd, and from east of Argonne to Pines. Basically all of the U-High area. Within a couple of hours, because of the winds, 13 people lost their homes--beautiful homes on the ridges in the Dishman area! I was watching TV today and they interviewed a nice couple who lost EVERYTHING, and they commented how they had just remodeled. . . how devastating! Here I am doing the same thing, and in reality it could be gone in an instant. A house is a house. . . it's family that makes a home. I just wanted to tell you all how much I love you guys and that its true that things are temporary. . .

So, now back to hanging up my pictures again and finishing up the details. Can't wait to see Brittney and Stu's duplex and her fabulous mudding job, and to see Camille and hear the details of Belize, etc. Jace and I spent most of today helping Sheri spread bark and plant flowers in her back yard. It is looking nice. Only a week until Lindsay's wedding--she is excited. Jennifer and her baby are here now--she is darling.

Again, LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments: