Friday, July 11, 2008

A myriad of things, really

Camille here...
Here is a pic from the daytrip to the redwoods and Santa Cruz last weekend with the G-rents. More pictures are to come!

Today is Friday, and that means it's the weekend. I am EXHAUSTED. I have been getting up at 6:15 every day at the latest, and man, that really starts to wear on you. I feel like I'm in seminary again... which reminds me, the McLaws family is officially done with early-morning seminary!! That is, unless you get called to teach again mom :) haha... just kidding, that's a mean joke.

What are my plans for the weekend? Oh, thanks for asking. I'm not really sure actually. I have some friends from work that want to hang out, but it's just that we all live SO far away. One friend lives north of San Fran, another lives in Pleasonton... etc etc. They wanted to meet up in the city, since it's kind of a central location, but I have NO desire to come down here again on my day off! I think tomorrow one friend (named Jessica) is going to come swimming in G-ma's neighborhood tomorrow with me... and then we may go shopping or something. But tonight I really would not mind going to bed at like 10.

So this is what life has come to? Going to work Mon-Fri, and wanting to go to bed at 10 on a Friday night?!?!? Really? That's it?!

Last night I did get to go rock climbing with some friends, which was fun as always. I really love rock climbing. It's a good workout, and then while you wait for other people to climb you get to just sit and enjoy nature; I saw the most amazing sunset where the rocks turned practically RED from the sun. I felt like I was in a postcard. Although, on the other hand, it was also really frustrating, because I had to fight the traffic and I knew people were waiting for me, and then, of course the inevitable, I got lost again. There are like a gagillion freeways/highways here, it's really frustrating. I feel like I have been on the verge of tears for like a week and a half. (WHEN I READ YOUR BLOG BRITTNEY, I LAUGHED, BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE FEELING! Maybe in just a different way...) Everytime I get lost (which is almost every day) it's like they well up a little more.

And then this morning happened!! I thought I would try a different route to the BART station (which was a mistake -- I guess Grandpa was right on this one...) and I had to RUN to the station in my heels. People literally laughed out loud when I passed them full sprint... thanks, that feels nice. Then I go to put my ticket through and IT DOESN'T WORK!!! It got demagnetized or some stupid excuse. Either way, I had to wait as the attendent took her own sweet time to fill me out a new temporary ticket and watch as my 7:36 train drove off into the distance. The tears almost flowed freely, but I held them back. I am just dreading when they actually come, hopefully I won't be meeting prince charming or anything...

No comments: