Friday, July 25, 2008

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes

Just a quick note to let you all know that I really appreciate your kind birthday wishes. Even though getting older in years is not that much fun, it is necessary if we are still a part of this life! I still feel like a young mother in many ways, but at other times as I watch and reflect upon the accomplishments of my kids, I realize that I have indeed "grown up."

I so enjoyed seeing Brittney, Stuart and Camille last weekend in SLC. Yes, Brittney, I do admit that your place was a bit dusty, but I'm so proud of you guys for the work you have done and especially for your patience. I know I'm a bit anal about order and cleanliness, and I think Brittney has reluctantly inherited that trait. I totally understand your eagerness and excitement to clean!!! Really, guys, the world needs people like us! I'm glad you can take a break and enjoy a weekend with the band. I wish we could meet you in McCall, but with Dad being gone so much, and getting ready for his High Adventure week with Jace and the Priests, time has run out. . . again. Hopefully when he returns we can finish the kitchen and I can post pictures of it.

We miss you Camille, but I love hearing about your adventures in San Fran. I'm glad your summer is full of adventure. I'm sad that it is already the end of July. . . this is my favorite time of year.

Jace has been working a lot this week--getting in extra hours since he is taking next week off. I bought him some twin x-long sheets today for his bed at Helaman Halls! Oh boy, will that be a fun day when I drive away from Provo with all of you waving in the rear view mirror! Really, though, it is all VERY GOOD. Dad and I couldn't be more proud (in a good way, not a bad way!!)

Again, thanks for the birthday gifts, wishes and love. It is always nice to be remembered. . .

Love, Mom

No comments: