Friday, June 27, 2008

Mom and her kitchen. . .

Hi Everyone!

Yes, the kitchen is coming along. The cabinets were installed on Tuesday. They look great. I'm happy with the color, style, etc. I put all the food and my dishes back in and it's amazing how much more room I have--expecially in the pantry! It makes me want to go grocery shopping now. We still have a lot of little things to do, however. We have to put on the baseboards, put in the appliances, and do the backsplash. First, though, we have to wait for the countertops to be made. They won't be done for 3-4 weeks, so I guess it will be late July before we are done. Oh well, nothing we can do about that one. . .

The funeral went well. Dad did a nice job on his Bishop talk--he sounded especially "bishopy!" No funeral is ever good, but there is something uplifting about an LDS funeral. They really are a meeting about the Plan of Salvation.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 95 degrees here in Spokane! We haven't even seen the boat yet, but I think Larry is getting it ready. Maybe we will go out on July 4th. Jace has been busy this week working. Those darn jobs--they really cut into your play time!

Have fun in Belize Camille. The rest of us will work on house projects (B & Stu and Dad and I!!!) Get a little sun for us. Let us know what's up. . .

Love you all!!

Mom

3 comments:

ms-mclaws said...

Yay! Go Mom!

Andfunknee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...

who died?