Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Looking forward to conference

I can't wait for this weekend because Mom and Dad are coming and that is always such a great treat. I'm also really really looking forward to General Conference.

Amidst the financial and political turmoil going on in our country right now, I just keep waiting for someone to come down and tell us what to do and how to proceed. I know that the prophet and general authorities aren't going to spell it out for us, but how lucky we are to have men who we trust and have faith in, in these uncertain times, to share with us truth and understanding. I can't hardly believe one thing that comes out of the mouths of any politician, senator, or congressman at this time. They only find enough breath to blame everyone but themselves, argue, or mislead. It's very confusing and disheartening.

I am very grateful to belong to a church where we have men of God who deliver the word of God to those who are willing to listen. Now, more than ever before, am I ready to listen and finally hear something of comfort that makes sense.

I just can't wait...

1 comment:

ms-mclaws said...

Very well said! This is going to be an awesome weekend